Sunday, March 15, 2015

Baby On The Way

We're having a baby!!  Is this real life??  Because I wanted to be extra positive that this was indeed real life, I waited a couple days before telling Matthew (and took about 10 pregnancy tests).  They were all positive so I decided to have some fun with the announcement and capture Matthew's reaction in the process. I told him I got him something for our 2 and 1/2 year anniversary which was January 14. Here is his reaction:


Before...


After!


I figured an ice cream cake was appropriate because we like ice cream and I'm pregnant, so it was a perfect excuse to gorge myself without feeling too bad about it. :)


I called my mom a few days later because I had a horrible sinus infection and had no idea what medicine (if any) was ok to take.  The conversation went something like this: "Hi Mom.  So I have this really bad sinus infection, but I'm not sure what medicine to take because I'm pregnant."  "WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?"  She had my dad call me when he got home from work and captured his reaction for me.  Thanks Mommy!!


Tears of joy...


I love these pictures so much.  Priceless.


This picture doesn't look like much, but there really is a baby! Trust me, I needed the doctor to reassure me because I still can't believe it.  The hunger and exhaustion are not enough to convince me because, let's face it, I'm always hungry and always sleepy.

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you guys! Auntie Erin can't wait to meet baby Francis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I'm SO INCREDIBLY HAPPY for you guys!!! lOve those pictures of the boys' reactions!! good ol' johnny! love that man! haha I was the same way, not sure if I really was pregnant. I waited (rather impatiently) for 2 weeks and then took a test and it was positive then after my first doctors appointment (at 8 weeks), when I was leaving I asked..."so do you guys know if I'm actually pregnant?" and the nurse was like "yeah...that's the first thing we do is take a test" haha But I seriously couldn't believe it! You'll definitely know once you start feeling those kicks and turns! That's the best part :) Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete