Saturday, November 10, 2012

Good News!

We have good news!  After a month or two of interviews, I received an offer from Goldman Sachs!  I will be working in the Finance Division of the Salt Lake City branch.


This is the '222 building' that will be my new home for the next few years!  We are so excited to have received an offer.  Shortly after the on-campus interview, Caitlin and I decided that it would probably be best to delay graduation a semester and aim for quality summer internship to boost my resume.  I honestly didn't even think I would get an on-site interview!  When I got a call-back to come in and interview in SLC, my thoughts were, 'Great!  This way I can see what it is like so I will be prepared for next year!'  Never did I think that I would get an offer and save myself an extra year with no income!


Probably the coolest thing about Goldman Sachs is the building (only half joking)!  First off, I am from Montana and love any building that has more than four stories.  Honestly though, you cannot help but feel important inside.  You go through the big, spinning doors to the main lobby.  Then, since I was just interviewing and not an employee, I had to go to the main desk and check in.  They printed off a card for me (with my name and a barcode on it) that I had to slide into machines to enter anything from the elevator room to the bathrooms.  (Employees have the barcode on their actual Employee ID card.)  Once I was in the elevator room, there were six different elevators--each set of two accesses a different set of floors!  I didn't even know that existed (although it makes sense, and I am sure I will love that feature when going to the 20th floor every day).  The desk below alerted the desk on the floor that I was going to of my arrival, so when the elevator opened there was a man in a suit waiting for me who greeted me by name!  (That feature probably won't exist daily as an employee unfortunately.)  Best of all though, there were several TV's on the walls playing ESPN.  It seems they are no amateurs when it comes to recruiting!  They know exactly how to impress a 23 year-old college kid! 

So now I will graduate this coming April, and Caitlin and I will be off to Salt Lake City!  We are happy about the location too--still within driving distance of both of our families.  While it certainly would have been an adventure to head back East, we aren't too sure we are ready for all that change at once...maybe in a few years!

1 comment:

  1. Best news ever....especially the part about being within driving distance of Cali! We are so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete